Game 64: June 21st
6-0
6-1
6-0
Rating: Seal Clubbing (given)
Venue: Playtomic Barn
Father's Day but I tried to fit in a Padel game. First attempt didn't work, we got up to 3 players. One left for another game, got up to 3 again but the clock ran out.
Second attempt there were two lower level players so I joined on the opposite side. Then the guy I played with the last time at Playtomic joined and I kinda felt a bit anxious for our opponents.
Not many games, ratings quite low, the signs were that they would be raw.
And they were.
I played smart, controlled Padel and my partner had a great close range smash that closed out the points.
First set was over very quickly, second was a bit trickier, we were 0-1 down and on star point before running away with it from there. 3rd Set also quite quick.
There were a few games where it got to deuce but we managed to close out from there.
Really hot though! Because of experience, We/I didn't have to run that much but our opposition were ran ragged and flagging near the end.
I had one lob that was Chingottoesque. Litterally dropped from the sky 2 inches from the glass.
As no one was on after us we switched up the teams and my team lost 4-6. I got broken on star point at 4-4 and then they served out the game.
All in all, a nice game and a nice reminder of how far I've come. My unforced error count was really low today, I was confident at defending anything so was happy to keep things controlled
Comments
Post a Comment