Game 65: June 22nd
2-6
2-6
3-1
Rating: What a difference a day makes
Venue: The Beach
Executive game at work with high level players, I was the weakest link and it showed.
Too many unforced errors from me but I played against a player with a high level tennis background and he basically bossed the game.
We swapped sides after each set and so the last set I was with the tennis player and we were cruising as he had been all game.
First set, I played with a really agressive player (in approach, not personally!) and we've never really clicked on the court. Every time we've been paired together we've underperformed.
The box score was closer in this one with lots of deuces but in the end we were well beaten
Second set, I was playing with the OG Padel player who I usually play really well with but it just wasn't to be today. you can tell by the scores when the teams were swapped that it was me that was the weak link. I think in both cases, because I wasn't aggressive enough, my partners were forcing it and making errors that they normally wouldn't. As I say though, I have to take the majority of the blame, I felt like my unforced error count was too high and was the difference.
Third Set was turning into a cakewalk before we ran out of time. It was the Tennis players game, hats off to him.
Got hit square in the balls from a smash on set point of the first set which really sums up the day.
Comments
Post a Comment