Game 74: 18th July
Casual Game but scores were
6-0
2-6
6-0
6-1
Rating: Palate Cleanser
Venue: Playtomic Barn
Well that was the palate cleanser that was required.
It's not about the scores or the rankings as it was a Casual game because that was exactly what I was looking for.
I set it up on Playtomic and got some interest from the sealclubber player I'd played before and his girlfriend. They wanted to play but not enter scores as his girlfriend was a wee bit lower in rating.
By that time, another player had joined and I bunted the decison to him.
As we didn't have anyone else we changed the competitive game to an unofficial casual game and it was ideally what I needed. High level but no pressure.
Now, I will call one of the players the sealclubber as he beat me and a rookie badly in one of my earlier matches before but he's a really nice guy. Loves his Padel, was great to play against him tbh.
So the main takeaway is that I didn't fluff an overhead the entire game. They weren't Augsberger or Galan but still they they were serviceable. I got a few points from Bandejas having that crazy spin off the glass that the pros have. Some were right into the corner.
I hit a Vibora (slow but you know, it counts) past the sealblubber right into the corner. And I saw it coming for miles. Like "this is a Vibora here. Yeah I'm going to have to hit one. Better get ready. Racquet behind my head. How's my feet? Good? Good. Ok open body a wee bit with the left foot and....there we go..... Hmmm but slow but decent slice on it, oh it's died in the corner. Oh that's nice."
I also hit a smash with the same amount of thinking time but made sure I extended the racquet down my back, I usually forget that. Was like "skim the stone!" As you need the pullback to skim a stone on water.
It felt like a good golf swing. Again it was very slow and the opposition actually chased it down and popped it past me to win the point as I was rooted thinking about how good that one FELT. it wasn't great but it felt like the first time I hit a golf swing properly. That "oh, did I even hit the ball there??"
2nd set we lost 3 quick games. Sealclubber asked his partner to play slower and that caught out my steady tennisy partner who liked a fast ball to hit a fast ball. I also leant into crap lobs to Sealclubber too much and he murdered them with his decent smash much the same way as he did in our previous game. BUT I worked out what I was doing wrong and changed it up with more shots up the line to his backhand or lobs crosscourt (I was on right).
We'd changed ends at the end of the set and sometimes I feel one side is the lucky side.
Absolutely put that to bed in a forth set though ha ha.
Overall, good game. Good folks, my partner was steady and quite quiet. Sealclubber said if I wanted to play then just let him know and I feel closer to the 2s and 3.0s than 1.0 now for sure.
Oh and my volley lesson clicked I had a few with slice that absolutely died on the glass.
Comments
Post a Comment